Volkswagen Poznan won the "The Pillars of the Polish Economy" Ranking organized by the “Puls Biznesu” in Wielkopolska.
"The Pillars of the Polish Economy" Ranking aims at distinguishing stable companies affecting the development of regions in which they conduct their business activities and at the same time identifying themselves with these regions. It is a list of companies that constitute major employers supporting and promoting employment, fostering entrepreneurship, and engaging in local community development initiatives. The Ranking was prepared by a research organization in collaboration with the "Puls Biznesu" newspaper. Local government units, as public authorities located in the vicinity of local entrepreneurs and community will vote for winners of popularity polls organized in particular voivodeships. A survey carried out among local authorities contributed to the establishment of the national ranking "The Pillars of the Polish Economy". Local authorities of each voivodeship are requested to indicate companies that are the Pillars of the Polish Economy within their regions and then to evaluate the indicated company in terms of the following selection criteria:
- the employer is of key importance for the region, promotes employment (internships for students, employment of disabled workers, outplacement programmes)
- the employer is an important local tax payer and provides substantial income to the municipality budget
- the employer engages in local community development initiatives, constitutes the economic hallmark of the region, participates in charity events.
The winners of “The Pillars of the Polish Economy 2012” in Wielkopolska.
- Volkswagen Poznan Sp. z o.o.
- Solaris Bus & Coach Sp. z o.o.
- Brown Coal Mine Konin in Kleczewo S.A.
- ZE PAK S.A.
- Aesculap Chifa Sp. z o.o.